A co-worker and myself have both purchased identical entry level servers from Dell, Inc. to start testing virtualization.
Here are the specs of the Dell PowerEdge T110:
- CPU: Intel Xeon X3440 2.53 GHz Hyper Threading 8M Cache
- Memory: 4GB (2x2GB) 1333 MHz Dual Ranked UDIMM
- Hard Drive: 250GB 7.2K SATA 3.5″
- Optical Drive: 16x DVD-ROM SATA
- Warranty: 1 Year, Hardware
Overall, this should be sufficient to test and experiment with virtualization technology, including live migration.
Ok, here’s the scoop. I now plan to keep this site updated as much as possible. I would like to start off by reposting some relevant news articles to get things going. Although the main topic I would like to start with is virtualization. Stay tuned!